WE SUPPORT YOU WITH YOUR MODELING PROJECTS
For over 17 years, Advanced Groundwater Technologies (AGWT) has supported other engineering consulting firms and government agencies with their groundwater modeling projects. From initial model setup to model calibration, we provide the additional level of experience and support to help our customers minimize uncertainty and reduce risks with their modeling projects.
Our specialized modeling expertise includes:
Parameter estimation technique gives valuable insight into the strengths and weaknesses of groundwater data set and conceptual model of hydrogeological system. This analysis enabled an engineer to judge the degree of uncertainty associated with model predictions, and to make decisions regarding the appropriate levels of model complexity. Application of these techniques has great practical value in solving different problems in groundwater engineering. Examples are available on request.
MT3DMS can be used to simulate 3D changes in concentrations of miscible contaminants in groundwater, both organic and inorganic, considering advection, diffusion, dispersion, adsorption and some chemical reactions, with various types of boundary conditions and external sources or sinks. The chemical reactions included in the model are equilibrium-controlled or rate-limited linear or non-linear sorption, and first-order irreversible or reversible kinetic reactions.
- 3D Multi-species transport and coupled reactions
- Fixed (sorbed) and mobile species
- 3D BTEX (or any other biodegradable contaminant) Degradation via Aerobic Pathway (Instantaneous reaction kinetics similar to BIOPLUME II)
- 3D BTEX Degradation via Sequential Electron Acceptor Pathways (Instantaneous reaction kinetics)
- 3D BTEX Degradation via Sequential Electron Acceptor Pathways (First-order kinetics)
- 3D Double Monod Model with Bacterial Transport Kinetics (e.g. Transport of BTEX and oxygen mediated by bacteria)
- 3D Mass-transfer Limited Sorption model
- 3D Sequential Degradation of PCE/TCE/DCE/VC via Reductive Dechlorination (First-order kinetics)
- 3D Sequential Degradation of PCE/TCE/DCE/VC via both Anaerobic and Aerobic Pathways
- 3D Unsaturated zone modeling (modeling of flow, transport, artificial recharge….)
- 3D Vapor Flow
- Includes fractured flow and dual porosity
- Includes 3D solute transport, multiphase transport, NAPL dissolution and volatilization
A software package for simulating fluid flow and solute or energy transport in variably saturated porous. Typical applications of the programs are for studies of ground-water recharge, surface-water-ground-water exchange, and contaminant transport from waste disposal sites. Heat movement can be simulated as a tool for studying the movement of ground water near streams.
Different LNAPL simulators that simulate hydrocarbon recovery from source zone, dissolution and plume longevity. Also it evaluates LNAPL impact on groundwater under range of conditions.
Application of multiphase models (LNAPL/DNAPL, water, air) and models that simulate see water intrusion need some time to be implemented.
HELP is the most advanced hydrological modeling environment available for designing landfills, predicting leach ate mounding and evaluating potential leach ate seepage to the groundwater table. Currently used by the US EPA, Bureau of Land Management, US Nuclear Regulatory Commission, Finnish Environmental Institute, Korea Electric Power Corporation, Sri Lanka – National Water Supply & Drainage Board, Geological Survey of Malaysia, Food & Agriculture Organization of the UN, Geological Survey of Slovenia, etc.).